Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Kim!

If I were the Birthday Fairy and could grant you your birthday wishes (without actually asking you what you wanted, of course, and just off the top of my head...)

I would feed you breakfast in bed. Ice cream, of course.

Then I would make you go for a long scenic walk.
Pick whichever one you want. Or, heck, do all three. (Gotta burn off that ice cream!)



Then you'd come home and my kids would make you lunch.

Then right after I would have to take you to a real restaurant for some real food.

Afterward, you could shovel my driveway. I think we are supposed to get 2 plus inches of snow today.

Then I'd put you on a plane and send you to Norway to see the fjords.

Then I'd have you jet over to see the Bellagio.

Oh wait. Not that one. The real one in Italy. I don't think it has any singing water fountains, though. Sorry.

Then you'd hop over to Vienna to have your dinner and birthday cake at the lovely Sacher Hotel. (The famous Sacher torte.)

But you'd have to eat fast. You'd have to get back home before Noelle's bedtime so she could give you your birthday hug.

Ha! Beat that, Dad!

Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you!

4 comments:

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

wow! I'm just going to have to cut and paste that whole thing to my blog for my mom's b-day.
Stay cute and cool. Have a great summer, Heather

Emily Norby said...

May I hire you to plan my next birthday?

Kerri said...

You make Dans birthday look like well...really lame! Love the houses you were looking at...it is so fun to dream...your dream is getting so close! We'll keep our fingers crossed for a two year hold on your fav. house.

literaqueen said...

Okay, so you need to plan my birthday-- except on a very limited budget, and staying within a 300 mile radius of West Virginia. Are you up for it?