Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I have a problem


I can't stop eating this stuff.

I bought this package of swiss cheese yesterday afternoon so that I could make ham and swiss sandwiches for my family this week to pack in their lunches. They love swiss...it's kind of a special treat. Well...there were twelve slices yesterday and now there are only three left. I shouldn't even be eating them. I have a milk protein allergy and if I eat too much I get sick. But I couldn't help myself. I pulled into the driveway after a grueling shopping trip with my cranky kids and popped two slices into my mouth, vowing I would save the rest. But then dinner came around and I was too tired to make me anything else. I popped in four more slices (with a side of strawberries...Mmmm...)and then this morning when I came downstairs at 6 AM (I get hungry early), in popped the rest. So now there are three slices left and I fear they will not last to dinner time. Hence, my family gets none of it and I will probably feel sick for the next two days. But it was soooo worth it.

Here are my two favorite ways to eat swiss cheese, just in case you don't know how weird I truly am.

#1. I like to wrap my swiss around a couple of slices of bacon. When I was pregnant, I ate these mouth-watering snacks like they were going out of style. (PS...I can eat dairy indiscriminately when I am pregnant...which probably explains why I already have four kids.)

#2. If I must eat the swiss alone (I am gluten intolerant so bread and crackers are not an option), then I like to sprinkle it with a little salt. I know it sound nuts, but salt makes a great bacon-substitute when there is no bacon to be found.

Mmmm...there goes slice #10:

11 comments:

Texas MacLeans said...

Well, I wich I could say I understand...but Swiss cheese..not my favorite, so yes you do have a problem!

Brock Bean said...

Have to say, the swiss cheese thing is wierd. Now provalone, I can understand, but swiss... no thanks.

Anyway, the internet is a crazy thing. I just "made friends" with Corey Walker, Daniel Stewart, and a few others on facebook. Got to wondering what you were up to and googled you name. Looks like you've been busy. What part of Iowa are you in?

Drop me a line sometime.

Brock

Unknown said...

is that the Brock who used to cook elk meat in our little kitchen at young hall?


what a world.

I read your post while I was eating my daily quota of rice pudding, so I have nothing to say except this....


Stacey, I am very hurt that you comment on Jenn's blog and not mine. Not ever, not once. That's it! You probably don't even mark the little box that gives you the update feed so that you can read how disappointed I am in you!

HG said...

Brock? Brock Bean?!

Brock Bean said...

Yes indeed, this is the Brock who cooked the elk meat. Lucky for my wife, I've moved on to the finer things in life and have been cooking halibut and salmon from my last fishing trip to Alaska. Is that the D'Arcy who has to be the most boy crazy girl I've ever met?

The Spradlin Family said...

K Jenn, this has been a blast from the past.
Anyway, i have an obsessin with hard boiled eggs. so I say, eat your swiss cheese.

By the way, you look so cute with straight hair! I do miss seeing curly haired Jenn though.
And, the other day I tried 3 times to french braid my Jessica's hair, and I finally just gave up and put it in a pony tail. I thought, "Where is Jenn when I need her?"

Remember when you french braided my hair for the road show in like 1988? I remembner thinking how hot I looked. :) Little did I know... Anyway, thanks for the french braid 20 years ago!

Julianne said...

My favorite part is that while you are admitting you have a problem you take yet another AND a picture - you are crazy. I never admit my problems, because then I might have to change something. But I agree cheese is yummy and if that is your biggest problem of the day - bless you!

literaqueen said...

Jenn, Jenn, Jenn. What are you doing eating that Swiss cheese? When the cheese photo came up I actually said out loud, "No, don't tell me Jenn's eating lots of dairy again!"

I'm sure there's a CA group (Cheesers Anonymous) somewhere . . .

Fletch said...

What is with you people? Swiss cheese is universally beloved! I see it in every grocery store I have ever been in...therefore it must be in demand. I am not alone!

Anyway, who knew a post about cheese could become such a reunion. Carli, I had forgotten about the roadshow. Oh, my, I would rather forget actually. Do remember that stupid dance we had to do about wanting more toys?

D'Arce, Stacey may be too busy for you, but you know I am your biggest fan...maybe your only one, but that's another story...

Brock! Wierd to see your name! Do you have kids? Do they like eating snakes too? Just kidding. Glad to hear you are doing well. (Well, you didn't actually say that...I'm just assuming...)

Fletch said...

Sheila! Leave me alone! I don't have you here anymore to buy me my rasberry sorbetto. What am I to do then? And besides, I am a primo candidate for osteoporosis. The more calcium I can get in this bod all the better for my brittle bones.

Brock Bean said...

Did Haley marry a Bean? Is that your little sister? I remember her being like 10 and singing her "play the little drum" song. Can I get in touch with you off the blog? Your friends come here to read about your boring life, not my boring life.

email me at brockbean@gmail.com

Brock