Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Glimpse of Iowa (From my Car Window)

Okay, okay. Those of you from the East are saying, "Eh? That's the best you've got?" And I know where you're coming from. I've been to Boston where the trees are spectacular--almost as spectacular as the historical ambience that can be found on virtually every street corner. I've passed through Kennebunkport, Maine, and quite admittedly, every square foot of it looked as though it ought to be featured in some travel, landscape, or architectural magazine (even if it was only 60 degrees farenheit in the middle of July, and I had to buy a sweater). And no one is going to argue that New York has the best city skyline, hands down.

But Iowa? No body really thinks of Iowa. Maybe that is why I love it so. Even when snapping amateur photos from a fast moving vehicle, you still can sense the quiet, crowdless peace of the place.





6 comments:

HG said...

What? No Williamsburg shout out? What a sham.

The Spradlin Family said...

Jennifer (Talbot),
Hey, it's Carli (Gordon) Spradlin. Stacey told me about your blog. I can't believe how big your kids are! They are so cute. It was good to find your blog. It has been 10 years since we last talked. I am so glad that you are doing good. You should check out my blog. Tell your mom I said hello, and I am sorry to say that I don't play the piano anymore :) It was good to see your blog.
-Carli

Unknown said...

Beautiful Jenn, I think Iowa suits your family. I will always hold a grudge because the last time I visited you and was sailing along the highways and taking in the green a cop pulled out from behind the picture perfect barn and gave me a ticket!

literaqueen said...

These pictures make me want to drive to Kalona . . . and stop at Sister's on the way. Nothing like that around here. Again, lucky!!

Heidi said...

Those are great pictures! Do you mind if I copy them? I think Iowa is beautiful, especially compared to Kansas.

Fletch said...

Copy away, Heidi.