Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Who'd a thunk it?

After I had my first daughter--a tiny, blond-haired, blue-eyed, fragile-looking, high-pitched sing-song creature--I just assumed that she would be interested in dolls.

She wasn't. Her thing? Bugs. And dirt. And frightening the neighbor boys (the older, bigger ones) while chasing them around the neighborhood carrying creepy-looking insects in her grubby little hands. (By the way, the day we witnessed this will go down forever as one of my favorite memories. I love this about Laura.)

When I found out child #4 was going to be a girl, I thought it might be wise to hold off all expectations until we had met her and gotten to know her better. And guess what? She LOVES dolls! I still can't wrap my brain around it...

Here's what Noelle did ALL day--didn't even want to stop to eat:




7 comments:

The Spradlin Family said...

She is so cute! It's crazy how two kids from the same family can be so different. I can't believe how big Laura is. I remember when you were preggo with her at our wedding, and I also remember her as a baby. Where does time go? Didn't we just graduate like last year or something?

HG said...

Is that Emiline? She's smaller than I thought she was. Gargaonzolaaaaaaaa.

Unknown said...

I love this little Noelle! I really would love to meet her someday soon!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Tell Laura to stick to bugs, not babies. You can keep bugs for a pet and if you get tired of them you just squish them--it doesn't work with kids.

Unknown said...

Hey you! Em and I were hanging out last night and she read through some of you blog. We think you are delightful! We also weren't sure what we thought about our names being on your blog roll with all those couples!! oh well, c'est la vie!!

thinking of you!

Texas MacLeans said...

You already put me on your blog roll!! I dont know If I am ready for that!
Isnt' it nice to have a girl after having two crazy boys. I'm not saying your boys are crazy, but mine are! Little lindsey has been so fun, plus I probably would have had a nervous breakdown if i would have had another boy :)

literaqueen said...

I read this post at Tracy Purdy's house and we both think Noelle's the cutest little Fletcher clone ever.