Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Persistence Pays Off...


...in the form of a water bottle. To win this coveted prize, Isaac had to do this:

The story: We went to story time at the library, and they were calling on kids to participate. The kids who were chosen were given water bottles. Isaac REALLY wanted one. Bad. But they wouldn't call on kids who raised their hands or made any noise. They were calling on the kids with the biggest smile. We were in the back of the room and Isaac was starting to mope because he didn't think he would be seen. So my sister Hayley had him climb on her lap, and he held this exact pose--even while they had stopped choosing people--until he was finally picked!

Here are more pictures of us at the library. I have a soft spot in my heart for this library. I was one of sixty people in the entire city who voted to raise the property tax $17 a year for its renovation. I went to vote at 9:30 PM, and was the only one there voting when the Channel 2 news cameras arrived. Without makeup! In my PAJAMAS! And I made the top story of the night. Good ol' Iowa news.


Laura and Lincoln at the new computer station.



Isaac doing puzzles.



View of Noelle's rear. In the tunnel at the new play area.

4 comments:

HG said...

Is Isaac making that face because he is happy or because Hayley is sniffing his behind?

Unknown said...

I can't believe I missed the news that night!

Emily Norby said...

My mom took my kids to the smile-if-you-want-to-get-picked event at the library. And now I know who that little boy at the back of the room was she was telling me about. You know, the one with the great big smile and all the persistence in the world :)

literaqueen said...

Wow, the new library renovation is beautiful! I would have been voting with you at 9:30 PM in my pajamas and no make-up if I were still in Coralville. That library is great! The Morgantown city library really stinks. The librarians get all huffy if you want to check out books.