Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Introducing: Vanessa the Van


Okay, so the name is still up for grabs--any suggestions? But here she is--our new Chrysler Town and Country, a minivan in all her glory. (I am all about minivans these days, no matter what my inner-teenager might say.)

We finally had to bite the bullet and upgrade to a finer vehicle, much to Steve's immense pleasure. (He just LOVES stow-and-go seating. Can't get enough of it. We'd have it in our family room if he had his way.) I must admit, it feels nice to know that if I accidently leave my cell phone at home, I won't panic, the way I did whenever I risked my life in our old van, knowing that the probability of our being stranded someplace was rather high.

I also won't miss the comments from well-meaning friends who would follow us to church or work. Comments like: "Hey, did you know that your van was smoking?" or "Hey, did you know that you just dropped something back there that was flaming?" If I had a dollar for every one of those comments, I'd...well, I'd be able to probably go out to lunch with it at least. Which would be nice--a free lunch--now that we have acquired more debt.

Here are the kids, chomping on the bit to try out the new DVD player:


Steve, in new car paradise:

4 comments:

HG said...

Isn't it amazing that you can get this excited about a mini van? The thing that will soon cause your children much embarrassment in their high school days...the mini van that says, "you will soon need to upgrade to the 15 seater."

Emily Norby said...

so whatd'ya say we drag main with it sometime? (do they do that here?)

literaqueen said...

Can the van drive on water? (Besides hydroplaning, I mean-- heck, my Beetle can hydroplane . . .)

Fletch said...

I think you should name your van "Dinah the Destroyer." It might make her feel better about being a minivan.