Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where's the Fun in Fundraiser?

So yesterday we took my sister and brother-in-law to our kids school carnival, and they--Hayley and Greg, that is--managed to stay all of twenty minutes. (Strike two for Jenn and her efforts to convince family members of the virtue of moving to Iowa via the sterling school district here. For further clarification, see the Post: Puzzling Puzzles below.) It's true, it was totally boring...for adults. The kids had a blast. My theory: after being shut up all winter long indoors, they are game for ANYTHING! I think that must be the magical formula for getting your kids to be more appreciative.

Here are some of their magical moments captured:
(PS, Steve took the pictures, so he is not in any of them, nor Noelle because she was crying too much, nor am I because I was selling raffle tickets, and therefore had to rely on these precious few photos to experience their delight.)


Isaac going down the slide. I was told Lincoln kept trying to roll down it, therefore rendering a photograph of himself indistinguishable.



The boys jumping in the large inflatables--the hit of the night!



Laura sporting the cake she won in the Cake Walk.




As soon as we arrived home, I caught Laura digging in to the center of her cake, marking it hers, and hers alone.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good thinking, Laura!

literaqueen said...

Laura's glasses are very cute!