Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINCOLN!


Eight years ago today, I went to the hospital and told the nurses that while I was feeling no pain, I felt as though something had "changed". The nurses all exchanged skeptical looks, but decided to check to see if I was dilated anyway, just to put my mind at rest. When I hadn't dilated at all, they were eager to send me packing. But I insisted. This was NOT my first child. I was NOT going home.

Three hours later, Lincoln Robert Fletcher was born. From the first moment of his life we felt his sweet, tender-hearted spirit, and he has remained that way, to this day.

Here are some pictures of his birthday celebrations:

A pre-present kick-off with punch balls. (Always a winner in this house.)


Lincoln's favorite present. What else...Star Wars Lego.


The merry onlookers: Laura, Hayley, and Baby Emi


Eating the birthday cake. Lincoln requested Betty Crocker's "Fun-fetti" cake with chocolate frosting. Awesome. Unlike my esteemed mother and grandmother, I don't do "from scratch" if I can possibly avoid it.

Happy Eighth, Lincoln! We love you!

(PS! We all want to wish a very Happy Birthday to Aunt Marci, too! We miss you and wish you weren't so far away. Have a wonderful day, and be sure to ignore all responsibililty and indulge yourself in only those things that will make you smile. We love you! From all of us here in Iowa.)

3 comments:

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

What a birthday party extravaganza. I think people who bake cakes from scratch need more to do in their lives, like watching re-runs of "The Office" or reading the Harry Potter series for the fifth time, because that's what cake mixes are for!

Unknown said...

Jenn!! You haven't aged a day since that first Fall at BYU and you brought home that guy who cooked smelly meat that he had hunted himself! Yikes! Memories! I have thought about you so often, so glad to reconnect in this way. Emily has a great blog too...you can link to it from mine.

literaqueen said...

Hey, if you have a cake mix in your house and want to make it and bring it for June 28th Enrichment, hop on a plane to Pittsburgh with it!