Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Bow: A flattering accessory for any age!


So here are the girls (Laura, me, Hayley) all sporting bows in our hair. The reason: We had to go to a 50's Party at the church for Laura. We were supposed to come in costume, which posed a problem for me. I am creativly-challenged in that way. And I decided that while there have been many advances made since the 1950's, women in general (at least the ones in my generation) don't have the SKILLS necessary to whip out a cute poodle skirt, as they would have done back then. Our costumes were limited, sadly, to bows and Keds. But--poodle skirts or not--we had a fun time.

Here we are pinning the "sunglasses on the Elvis".


Here we are dancing. (I like this picture because it looks like we actually know what we are doing. But truthfully, there are not two worse dancers on the planet.)

Hayley took the all the pictures. In fact, she used up all the memory on the entire memory card. (And all the pictures looked exactly the same--us dancing like fools.) I suspect she did this because she did not want to be in any pictures herself. I'll get her back later for that. I got all summer while they are living with us!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog. You have a way with words. And I feel like I get to know people so much better in their blogs.

literaqueen said...

I think bows and keds are perfectly acceptable-- just like Joanie in Happy Days.