Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Some good Valentine date suggestions.

For all of you clueless date-planners, Steve and I discovered this sweet website called http://www.coolestdates.com/. Here are some of our favorite suggestions:

1. Watch Monday night football. (Always a favorite with the ladies.)

2. Have a family sing-along. (Can that be considered a date?)

3. Create play dough figures and allow them to harden. Then give your creation to each other. Don't forget to take pictures!

4. Play computer games. (Steve knows I can't get enough of Lego Star Wars.)

And our favorite:

5. Spend the evening showing your coin or stamp collection.


We really loved those ideas. In fact, we really loved reading those ideas. We thought that might have made a great Valentine date in and of itself.

Here's what we're doing instead.

We are making these:

Chocolate Truffles (gluten-free):
Scald heavy cream gently in a saucepan. Just before it boils, remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until they are completely melted. Put pot in fridge, stirring occasionally, until a spoonful can be turned upside down and remain intact. Then form chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in cocoa. Chill for an hour before eating.

Then we thought it would be humorous to go to http://www.designyourownhome.com/ and see what we could come up with. My dream home would look something like this:

Only in English.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are awesome. I had one date already and my second one is going to be here in about a half an hour. We are going to chaperone a high school dance together. That totally belongs on that website!!

I also have one tomorrow. And i have one on Monday, and Tuesday. With different people.


Happy V Day to me.

Fletch said...

Good grief. There are, like, five girls out there dateless because of you. Way to go hogging all the guys in the world.

(Hope you have fun. Good clean fun, emphasis on the clean.)

:)

HG said...

Greg and I have done #3!

The Wiser Side said...

too funny! Actually our dates usually happen at home after the kids go to bed-so those would work!

literaqueen said...

I laughed out loud at the coin collection sharing one. Yep, pretty exciting dating ideas. Maybe I'm still single because, darn it, I don't have a coin collection to attract the men. Bet coin collections draw 'em in like flies.