Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Pizza Pix

About every four months or so, I decide to make something from scratch. This time it was pizza. (Last time if you'll remember, which you probably won't, it was Steve's birthday cake.)

My first time EVER using yeast:



Waiting for the dough to rise:



Rolling the dough out (and reminding myself that I really ought to start some mild form of weight training because this step was much more difficult than it ought to have been):



The kids enjoying their meal. Notice they don't even have drinks or utensils. I was too tired at this point to do much else besides slice up their pieces.


The final product:

7 comments:

HG said...

Wow. Let us call you June Cleaver.

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Jen, that looks absolutely scrumtious! My rule of thumb is never make anything from scratch that tastes better from a bag--i.e. I used to make homemade meatballs and then I discovered them in the frozen foods section and they're fabulous.

Emily Norby said...

It looks delicious!

(Is Laura eating a pizza with peppers? How in the world did you convince her to like them?)

Heidi said...

Looks delicious! I'm impressed your kids will eat pizza with stuff on it.

literaqueen said...

So are you ready to tackle bread baking now?

Carwin Candids said...

Yum! I just have to say it is more fun reading other peoples blogs than working on my own, and yours is one of my favorite. So, Laura's room looks like it is right out of pottery barn. Do you want to come and help my poor children's rooms, or my whole house for that matter! Oh yeah I would miss the sunshine too, but at least you have some great views, trust me there is not much for me to look at where I live!

Carmell said...

They may not have utensils or drinks but your kids look happy! I don't blame them...the pizza looks delicious!