Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My new favorite.

Bacon-wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers.

I stole the idea from my uber-talented neighbor, Emily. Hers always look much prettier, like real appetizers...but the good news is it's hard to ruin the oh-so-yummy taste, even if mine do look like dead, rotting fingers...

...with cream cheese pus.

I did make lots of other yummy New Years Eve treats, but this was the only one I could eat, so it's the only one that counts. In fact, I had a few leftover ingredients today, so I decided to make them again. This time I was too impatient to wait for them to bake for 20 minutes, so I nuked them. The edges kind of exploded, but they were not bad. Not bad at all.

(I recommend baking, though, for your first time. These deserve a good first impression.)

7 comments:

Emily Norby said...

I hope you ate a few for me :)

Fletch said...

Does fifty count?

The Wiser Side said...

You are too funny-love the finger description...pus and all! NOw why could you only eat these?

Fletch said...

Gluten-intolerance. Darn it, nearly every fun food has gluten in it.

HG said...

That looks amazing! I think you ate an entire pig with that batch!

The Conductor said...

These looked really, really tempting until I read the dead rotting fingers description, complete with cream cheese pus. Mmmmmm. Made me lose my appetite completely.

literaqueen said...

Those sound awesome-- I want some, despite the dead fingers description.

Suggestion: dried mangos rolled in chili powder. Can you eat chili powder?