Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Gramps!

We decided to throw you a surprise birthday party!

Surprise! (Are you surprised?)

Unfortunately, you were unable to make it. Oh well. More for us!




(Is that a fork?)

Happy Birthday, Dad. For your real birthday present, I solemnly vow to make the most of the sterling genetics you passed on--the most notable of which would be, of course, your compassion, your intelligence, and--most importantly--your sarcasm. It's too late for me, of course, except for maybe the sarcasm part, but I'll do my best to raise my younglings to follow in your footsteps. Happy Birthday and we love you, Oh Wise (Old) One.

4 comments:

HG said...

Deal.

The Conductor said...

You definitely have the sarcasm part down. (insert smiley face)

What a great idea, to do a long-distance party for your dad! I mean, a great idea, second to having a party with him actually there. I hope he appreciated your efforts! Looks like the kids did.

Emily Norby said...

Those look like wicked yummy sundaes...that hot fudge is right up my alley!

Unknown said...

That's a little cruel! Poor grandpa and virtual cake!