Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Rotisserie Chicken in the Crockpot

I saw this recipe on a different blog and I just LOVE rotisserie chicken (which is usually not gluten-free) so I had to try it, right? And this recipe was eeeezy peeezy. I can't even remember why I was so nervous to work with a whole chickn. I just took the raw sucker right out of the bag and placed it on a plate in my sink:...Okay, and I admit the way the joints moved and wriggled grossed me out a bit because it was not completely unlike the movements of a baby...anyway, just don't think about that part.

I rinsed it off with water, including inside the cavity (which was suprisingly giblet-free). Then I patted it dry...or I was supposed to, but I forgot. Oh well, I will do it next time. Next I placed it in a crock pot, breast up, on top of five balled-up pieces of tinfoil, so that the chicken did not rest on the bottom (thus allowing the air to circulate). Finally I rubbed the top skin with seasoned salt and rosemary (homemade gluten-free seasoned salt for me).

Seriously it took three minutes, tops.

I let it cook covered on low for eight hours and by dinner time we had this:

The meat just fell off the bones. It was super yum, and seriously, it took three minutes.

6 comments:

AOlson said...

Oh! Nice. I am definitely going to try that. I've found I cook meat the best in the crockpot. Pork, beef, so why not chicken, too?

Heidi said...

Wow, looks tasty! Much better than the mac & cheese we had for dinner. Thanks again for hosting my munchkins today! Bethany went on and on about what a good day she had playing with Noelle so much.

HG said...

That looks quite intimidating. Good Job.

The Conductor said...

Mmmmmm... I have to try this.

Unknown said...

A small piece of chicken breast costs me 12 dollars here. I have become a pasta-terian almost. I miss cheaper food!

literaqueen said...

Oh, this almost makes me willing to work with a whole chicken again. I get grossed out by cutting it apart, though. Every single time.