Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Fletcher Family Tradition dictates that bright and early on the 4th, we head out of doors and make our way to IHOP. (Below is a picture of my gluten-free, delicious, bacony breakfast.)

Noelle, being her usual awesome self.

Isaac, decorating his pancake.

Laura and Lincoln, being very grown up and polite and boring.

A rainy day parade.

Isaac with wet socks.


The rain finally cleared and the girls enjoyed the outdoors at a barbeque.

Noelle rode her first horse.

(Shoot. Why do all my kids love animals so much? I'm going to end up living on a freaking farm someday. ) *

The boys stayed indoors and enjoyed some virtual fun.

Luckily the fireworks lured them back outside. Yay for glowsticks and popcorn and friends underneath a lit-up sky!

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

*I have nothing personally against farms. I hope it didn't come across that way. I'm just not an animal person. Not even a little bit.

6 comments:

literaqueen said...

Oh, I miss the 4th of July in Coralville! Tracy Purdy and two of the kids were here over the weekend (Jay had to stay home and work, and Madi stayed with him), and we were just talking about how much we missed Coralville on the 4th of July. I love the parade, even when it rains.

How fun for your kids to get to go horse back riding! When you end up living on a farm, can I come visit? I don't want to deal with chickens and stuff, but can I at least look at it?

Emily Norby said...

Mmmm. I'm a fan of that gluten-free breakfast!

Chelsea said...

It's OK. I am an animal person and I am not sure I want to live on a farm.

Marilyn said...

Send your kids over to our fur-infested house! I'll take them on a carpet-sniffing tour and strategically place a few animal bodily offerings in places where they might step. I'll leave some ham out on the kitchen table and they can watch the cats jump up and lick it dry. These things haven't cured me, animal addict that I am, but it might do the trick for your kids.

Unknown said...

ah...that was all the celebration that I needed! Sa-weet!!! I drank a coke that day, in PAris. It seemed pretty patriotic to me.

Fletch said...

They have coke in Paris?