Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wasserbahn Mini Golf (A Review)

1 1/2 Stars out of 5.

I would have given it 2 Stars, but the weather was bad, and surely Wasserbahn had a hand in it. Mid-sixty degree temps, overcast, and windy. Is it July or October? And since "October" reminds me of all things German, just like "Wasserbahn", the only natural conclusion I can draw is that the two are somehow linked. Thus 1 1/2 stars.





A tip for you. If you have a two year old, it's worth the extra three dollars to rent her a putter too, or else she'll act like this:
And eventually you'll find her eating dirt in the street.
For all those people who are wondering what it looks like to drive through the Iowa countryside:
A random tractor parade:


Cows.
Corn.
Aw...quaint. A small-town graveyard.
No kidding. Later on during the drive, more tractors.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

It is pretty tempting to stay in Iowa. I mean, the tractor parade is NOT something you can get just anywhere. Also, isn't the term for eating dirt called "Pica"? It think I just officially diagnosed your daughter, and most of the kids in our complex.

karen said...

your photos seriously made me miss Iowa. So beautiful and green. And those spelunking (sp?) photos made me seriously claustrophobic. I could NEVER go in a place like that! I've got the shivvies just thinking about it! miss ya.

OH, and not like this is any big news to you, but I've also been afflicted with cold sores, and I've found that 1000-1500 mg of Valtrex BID (twice a day) usually clears them up faster. It's a massive dose, but who cares.

CSIowa said...

Last week we paid the additional $7.50 so the four-year-old could fall asleep on our laps in the first ten minutes of Harry Potter, in order to avoid the drama of her being left at the house with Grandma, Grandpa, and her BABY cousin (who just turned two.) Thanks for helping me notice that there ARE some lessons that I have actually learned in 16 years of parenting.

The Spradlin Family said...

I love the tractor parade. Hilarious. And I agree about the shelling out the extra money for the putter. My son would have thrown a fit for sure. Now about the cows, I felt like I was in Mapleton looking at that picture b/c we have our own herd of longhorns. But the tractor parade...priceless.

literaqueen said...

Where's there a miniature golf park? How come I never played at it when I lived in Iowa? And how come I never saw a tractor parade? So not fair!

Noelle's hair is getting blonde!

Fletch said...

Sheila! It's at Wasserbahn (hence the title). You know Wasserbahn, right? It's in Amana and it has a waterpark and hotel. How could you not know this?

The mini golf was a disappointment anyway. Or maybe I'm just used to grandiose mini golf courses...the ones in Vegas are amazing.

literaqueen said...

Oh, okay-- I only went to Amana once, but now I'm remembering the waterpark signs.

We have a miniature golf park here that's coal-themed. Much more fun than that silly Amana thing.

The Conductor said...

I read this post a while ago and thought about it this last weekend as we were driving through Illinois. Corn. Cows. Quaint graveyards. No tractor parades, darn it! That's what I wanted.