Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Friday, July 10, 2009

My new favorite thing to do.



I'm not an artist and never have been. I never did well in art class when I was in school. I always thought it was cruel to force unartistic kids to take art and risk botching their GPA. (I guess artistic kids could have the same feelings about English class.) But on a whim a couple of weeks ago, I went out and bought some acrylic paints and canvases and--waddyaknow--I've had a blast experimenting.




Noelle loves Cinderella, so I tried to paint a few scenes for her this week. Let me tell ya, painting faces and hands, it's harder than it looks. Basically I just kept drawing and erasing and drawing and erasing until the sketches resembled humans more than aliens...but I'm so proud of the lips. I can't tell you how badly I was shaking while I painted the lips.







Fun, huh? Anyone want to come over sometime and paint with me?

7 comments:

HG said...

I never want to hear that you're not talented again!!!! You make me SICK! Oh, don't throw them away, because that is what you do.

The Wiser Side said...

You are actually quite good! (and I always had the same feeling about artsy things-wanted to do them, but too worried about the GPA-man are we nerds or what?!)

Chelsea said...

You are AMAZING and those are pretty darned good. Overachiever:)

CSIowa said...

Brings a whole new meaning to "Fletch Sketch!"

Emily said...

So what other classes did you avoid for fear of getting a poor grade? Welding? Russian? Ballroom Dance?

This 'hobby' of yours definitely has 'talent' status. But to tell you the truth, I'm not that surprised. I can't wait to see what else you create in your free time!

Polyglot said...

This is really good art work!

literaqueen said...

Okay, Miss "I can't paint and have no talent." I don't believe you anymore. These are nice! If I'd done the Cinderella paintings, Noelle would have asked, "What's that random rectangle doing in my picture?"