Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Create something.

Last night for young womens we decided to paint paintings (acrylic on canvas) to give to our mothers for Mother's Day. Here's what we came up with:

Analisa (age 12)


Tiffany (age 30)


Sarah (age 15)




Brianna (age 17)




Mengdi (age 13)




Alice (age 16)





Oh dear. And this one is mine. Don't worry, Mom, I am planning on sending you Fairytale brownies, or something along those lines, instead.

7 comments:

HG said...

I actually really like yours. Greg likes it too.

Polyglot said...

like we've been telling you: your's looks really, really good!

Emily Norby said...

Wow. These are all (yours included!) awesome!

Chelsea said...

Those are fantastic. You could do an art show! It was sure better than the garbage we saw last night at the university art show held at the old Menards. What a joke. I think the girls did a fantastic job. Jenn, I do like yours. I can do a mean stick figure that would make many envious:)

Sarah said...

Actually, yours almost seems like an impressionistic masterpiece. Pace and I both liked it a lot. We thought they were all pretty cool.

literaqueen said...

These are cool! Yours is very Degas-esque. Nice job! When I was a Young Woman leader, all we did was fingerpainting, and I certainly wouldn't have posted mine for everyone to see.

How's the hot water situation going?

Fletch said...

We have new water heater, finally. Yeah!

Thanks for all the compliments. I actually think mine looks better photographed than in person. I was skimpy on the paint so you could see too much white canvas through it. It looks sloppy. The girls', on the other hand, looked better in person than on the blog, I think. Especially Mengdi's (the peaches).

Anyway, it was super fun to see how everyone's turned out and we only spent 45 minutes total painting! I thought the girls did SUCH a good job!