Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Little Tank That Could...But Didn't.

Woohoo, pinewood derby time. Though I'm not one to shout for joy over such an event, apparently my husband is. This creation (Lincoln's idea) took two months to finish, mostly because there was a weight limit of five ounces. Note the holes everywhere; the tank is completely hollow (and it wasn't two months ago).


Here's the tank getting weighed in. Final weight? 5.0 ounces exactly. Phew.



The real question of the night was this: Would our obviously aerodynamic tank be able to hold its own against the other competitors?






Eh...it finished somewhere in the middle. Steve's already searching the internet for better plans so he (I mean, Lincoln) can win next year. Here's Lincoln getting his "Somewhere in the Middle" award. He's happy with it.

3 comments:

The Wiser Side said...

Who cares if it won-it's the best looking, most creative pinewood derby I've seen!! Nice job!

Sarah said...

OK. When my brothers participated in this when I was a kid, I thought the pinewood derby was horrible. I felt like it was so arbitrary who won but all the boys seemed to feel bad when they lost. His car looked awesome though. I'm glad he was happy with it.

literaqueen said...

That is one awesome-looking tank. Good job, Steve! Oh, I mean Lincoln!