Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Murphy's Law for Mothers

If you wash the sheets, within twenty-four hours someone will wet the bed.

If you clean the toilet, within one hour a poop smear will appear in the bowl.

If you mop the kitchen floor, sometime before dinner someone will drop a glass of juice on it.

If you give a kid a bath, by lunchtime he/she will be covered in pizza sauce.

If you vacuum the upstairs for the first time in three weeks, within fifteen minutes (!) someone will dump fish food all over the carpet.



But worst of all (as all mothers have come to learn) if you give up one day and decide not to wash the sheets, clean the toilet, mop the floor, bathe the kids or vacuum the carpets, then that will be the day your mother-in-law decides to show up on your doorstep!

(Not that my mother-in-law has ever shown up unannounced. But you get the idea...)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Crud -- we just vacuumed AND swept this morning; I wonder what the fates have in store...

The Spradlin Family said...

Here's some more:

The one day you make your bed is the day your kids decide to crawl all over it.

The night before your road trip is the night your kids decide to get the throw-ups.

Your video camera is always charged and ready to go, except on the night of your 3rd grader's school play.

Let me know if you need any more-I've got tons!

Heidi said...

So true. I think I've washed all of Sarah's bedding 5 of the last 7 days. I don't know why I bothered to mop this morning. The floor is already a disaster again. Fortunately I haven't had the mother-in-law show up unannounced.

literaqueen said...

Or, even better, you mow the lawn and the neighbor's dogs use it as a toilet. Not that I've mowed the lawn yet-- but I did pick up after the neighbor's dogs.

Guess you'll have to just put the fish on the carpet so they can eat, huh?