Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The way Steve "helps" put the kids to bed.

At 10:00 PM, I overheard Steve teaching this to my kids and making them each repeat it over and over again until they had it memorized.

One bright day
in the middle of the night
two dead men
got up to fight.
Back to back
they faced each other,
drew their swords
and shot each other.
A deaf policeman
heard the noise
and came and shot
those two dead boys.
If you don't believe
this lie is true,
just ask the blind man.
He saw it, too.

He was also wearing this ring in his nose. I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure it didn't hurry the kids along in their bedtime routine.

2 comments:

literaqueen said...

At least he was putting the kids to bed . . . well, sorta.

HG said...

Kind of a morbid story. They probably didn't sleep at all with bull-man's frightening story on their brain.