Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Smelly People

It's officially been one year since we first started blogging, and the coolest part is that we are able to go back through all the old posts and see the goofy and/or mundane things our family has done in the past year. Soooo, in keeping with that tradition...

Our water heater broke and we were without hot water for six whole days. One thing I learned, doing this...

...works fine for the kids. But apparently I am a shower-glutton. So is Steve. Truthfully, he can get smelly FAST and a three-inch bath just won't cut it.

Steve proposed the following solution: Use the shower in the resident "call room" at the hospital. What? Crazy! What if someone sees me lugging in my bag of toiletries and towels? What will they think of my wet hair?

But by Day 6, we were desperate:



While I showered (and Steve was somewhere else, getting some paperwork done), the kids did this:


My "before" picture (I don't know why I keep posting unflattering pictures of myself on this blog):


On the back of the bathroom door, staring at me. Why is it there? I don't know. Does this make you worry about the quality of your healthcare? Some kooky doctor out there likes to put eyeball stickers on the back of bathroom doors:



After (clean and happy, though still not photogenic):

And for all of you out there who have been concerned and offered us the use of your showers: Thank you! We now have hot water...I am not smelly anymore.


3 comments:

Emily Norby said...

I guess we live far enough away that the stench hadn't reached us yet.

Just kidding. I HAD NO IDEA!!! What a terrible neighbor I am...

Unknown said...

I could think of worse body parts (in the form of stickers) to be on the back of the door.

literaqueen said...

My eye doctor has a poster of all the horrible eye infections you can get due to allergies, right there where I can sort of see it but not totally because I had my contacts out and was waiting for him to come back in the room. Do these doctors think we WANT to see this stuff?

Glad you have hot water again!