Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Someday I'll have nothing to do...

Isaac did this for Mother's Day. Check out #2:
My life's creed: The kids should do the jobs.

Today I found one more thing the kids can do that I don't want to do. Cookies. I HATE baking, but the kids want cookies and my kids are skinny, so sometimes I have to suck it up and make cookies. However, today I discovered that Laura actually LIKES to roll the dough into balls. Awesome. I'll never roll another dough ball again.



All I had to do was make the dough (someday soon I'll get out of that one, too) and take the cookies out of the oven every ten minutes. She did the rest.



Snickerdoodles by Laura.

6 comments:

Polyglot said...

Laura did a good job on the cookies, they look divine!

literaqueen said...

Go, Laura! And if some of those snickerdoodles yearn to travel, they can come my way.

Heidi said...

Hmmm -- I wonder where the snickerdoodles that mysteriously appeared on our porch came from.... (Thanks -- they were tasty! Laura did a good job!)

HG said...

You are so close to having a full time maid. Awesome.

Heidi said...

I love Isaac's answers. You must be doing something right if you have your kids doing all the work.

I love baking so maybe that's why nobody in the family is very skinny.

The Conductor said...

I idolize people with your life's motto. My mother was a master at this, but of course I didn't idolize her until I became a mother. Thanks for the reminder -- to constantly be looking for ways to put myself out of a job.

Maybe if I have my kids make the cookies, I won't eat half the dough next time.