Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Laura's Trip to Vegas

For the first time ever, we put our ten-year-old on a plane and sent her to stay with her grandparents for two weeks.

Here's a picture of Laura in the guest room. It was the start of her two weeks of pampering. She could eat whatever she wanted, watch TV whenever she wanted, stay up as late as she wanted.


Laura hit up the Strip to see the sights. Okay, just kidding. She only saw one sight on the Strip: The Shark Exhibit at the Mandalay Bay. (Photos courtesy of Flickr, due to one destroyed archaic roll of film. The good new is that it was the last remaining roll of film left on the earth, so now that it is gone we can begin to move forward, right Talbots? One word for you: digital.)



Things Laura probably saw: Sharks, komodo dragons (her fav.), and jelly fish.

My brother Jordan and his wife Karinne joined Laura and my parents at Zions National Park.









Laura had a blast! Thanks guys, for providing her with wonderful memories!

PS. I swear I packed more for Laura to wear than just that green shirt!

PPS. Dad, nice face. (I can't remember the last time my dad looked serious for the camera.)

10 comments:

Emily Norby said...

I really need to get myself a green shirt.

And I still have a crush on film. I remember feeling like I was reliving my vacations when I (finally!) got to go through my stack of freshly printed pictures. Plus, I actually HAD printed pictures back then, versus now when you practically have to pay me to translate my digital images into something I can actually hold.

Fletch said...

I don't know, Emily...

I just remember those days back when I would spend ten bucks to develop twenty four pictures, only to find that maybe four of them didn't feature my thumb. I'm never going back. I love my little digital screen.

But it is true. We don't actually print out pictures anymore. Sooooo lazy these days.

HG said...

I am giving mom my old digital camera.

Carmell said...

How fun for her...and brave of her! How neat to get to spend alone time with her grandparents.

Unknown said...

How did the traveling part go? Was she cool on the plane?


Ah, Vegas! I remember when Holly, Emily, and I all traveled down one summer to stay with Stace (swim in her pool and be tormented by Jason) and then we came to your house too, it was spotless. I really remember how clean it was. Hopefully they put Laura to work dusting so she could earn her keep. It's a hard world out there!

Kelly said...

Hi Fletchers! I found you today and am impressed with your funny blog. Tell your kiddos Sister Tagg says hello. I loved being with them in primary!

literaqueen said...

How did Laura get to miss two straight weeks of school? Lucky! And how did YOU do with Laura being gone?

I never got that much alone time with Grandma . . .

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

my boys are so jealous--2 weeks with the cool grandparents instead of boring parents. Lucky girl! P.S. Jacob said he was excited for when he and Laura get married and he gets to change his name to "Jacob Fletcher". Should I tell him or just let him keep dreaming?

Steve and Angie said...

You are so brave Jen, WAY TO GO!! Laura looks so grown up! She is such a beautiful girl! I sure miss you and am sad that we aren't going to end up living by each other! You are GREAT!

CSIowa said...

My daughter was ten when she went on her first solo visit to grandparents. She loved it!

My dad grew up spending every summer around extended family near Mt. Carmel Junction. He was born on a kitchen table in Kanab. Or was it Panguitch? He says that the way you tell the visitors from the natives in southern Utah is that the visitors call it "Zions." (There isn't really an "s".)