Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Magic shoes for under ten dollars.

That's what I was hoping I'd find when my ugly six-year-old sandals finally did this to me:


Today I had to go to the mall anyway to get batteries for Isaac's birthday present, and I was certain I'd find an end-of-summer-super-blowout-clearance sandal sale.

But no.

Noelle, however, has once again renewed her relationships with the mall manequins now that school has started back up:

Um...Noelle, you already have a mommy. I'm right here, babe.

Hugging.


Dressing.


Reveling.


Hand holding.


Kissing.


Petting. The dog.

Anyway.


After searching for two hours I did find a decent pair of sandals for $25, but I just couldn't bring myself to part with that much money. Not when I had my heart set on $10 or less.

And mostly I was money-mad (you know the feeling...it's when you're mad that you have to spend money) because the toy we bought Isaac for his birthday (the one he asked for specifically) required four of those tiny little circle batteries. Like the ones you find in watches. Apparently those little guys cost four dollars...EACH! Whatever! Like I'm going to spend SIXTEEN DOLLARS for two hours of playtime.

Originally we purchased the two-inch remote-control droid to the left because it was only $17 (even though it LOOKS like it should cost $7), but I ended up changing my mind and springing for the cooler, bigger R2D2 version on the right that cost $25 because it required 4 AA batteries instead. I thought the extra eight dollars spent was worth the investment.

And that was my sad experience at the mall today.

If any of you happen to see an amazing shoe sale (the under-ten-dollar variety) in the next few weeks...or days, preferably...you will let me know, won't you?

6 comments:

HG said...

I'm on it...

The Wiser Side said...

I feel your pain-I was at Old Navy this week (addie carried the dog across the store) looking for shorts for Kennedy-they should be on sale or clearance or something...but no. Try Target for the sandals-good luck
Cute new picture of the kids!!!

The Conductor said...

I'll have to get my mom on that shoe-search for you. She rules at that sort of stuff. (I'd say I have waaaay too many shoes because of her, but really, can you have too many shoes?)

Noelle and the mannequins. That is SO funny.

P.S. -- I thought when my husband had a job, I wouldn't be so money mad all the time? So when does that change really happen? When the student loans are paid? Or have I just developed it as a part of my personality now?

literaqueen said...

Love the mannequin pictures. Noelle needs to be in the Old Navy commercials-- that could help with the money mad problem.

I tell ya, you have to come out HERE for shoe deals. It's all about Gabriel Brothers. Oh wait; air fare might be a bit high. Rats.

Fletch said...

Conductor, (can I say your real name here?...better not, just in case...) I think after twelve years of having limited money, it has just become part of my personality. And I like it. I've found you can always get what you need on sale if you're patient enough to wait a bit. In this economy, it's a good skill...a silver lining resulting from our prolonged poverty.

Sarah said...

Noelle and the mannequins--it's one of those things you bring out when you want to scare boys away some day.

I understand the whole cheap clothing thing. I'm beginning to find ways to get good deals on stuff. However, clothes for me are harder since i have try things on to make sure they fit.