Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Laziness

What you can't see behind these five open boxes of Rice Chex on the top of my fridge are four more boxes, also opened. Actually they're all empty...except for one. I just have been too lazy to pull them off the top of the fridge, throw out the inner bag, cut off the Box Top square and compress them down for recycling.

Laura caught me this morning trying to guess which box of the nine boxes was still full so that I could pour myself a bowl--a little game I play each morning--and I tried to engage her in my game: "Tell me, Laura, which one should I pick? The one on the end? Smack dab in the center? Which one looks like it has a greater gravitational pull than the others to you?" She did not think I was funny. She started making suggestions. "Why don't you just keep the full one in the same place everytime?" She does not understand that that would totally defeat the purpose of the game. "Or better yet," she continued. "Why don't you just throw out the empty boxes?"

Um, probably for the same reason that I am blogging about this, Laura, instead of washing these:

(In case you were wondering, the non-empty box is exactly in the center. And now I must go wash some dishes, darn it.)

7 comments:

The Wiser Side said...

Jenn-you are too funny, and a girl after my own heart-love it

HG said...

That's the spirit!

Unknown said...

Jenn, you crack me up. I love how you take the simple thing of getting cereal and making it so much fun to read about. Also, Laura's face is classic. I believe Holly looked like that at me quite a few times when I wasn't studying as much as she.

Fletch said...

Phooey. Steve just read this and is now cleaning off the top of our fridge. Oh well. One less job to do.

The Conductor said...

Ha! I, too, am avoiding dishes right now!

And I, too, have several empty cereal boxes in my pantry waiting for me to crush them down to recycle.

Maybe I'll blog about it so Neal will do it for me...

literaqueen said...

So what will you fill the top of the fridge with now?

Sarah said...

OK So I had to comment again about the medical thing. Here's a link to an article about some treatments not being very effective. What I'd like to see in the medical industry is avoiding giving some of these treatments just because the companies that sell them have enough money to make everyone think they are necessary.
http://www.jonbarron.org/baseline-health-program/2009-08-17.php