Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thirty-two things about my thirty-second birthday.

1. Christmas tree pajama pants worn all day long...which seemed like a grand idea (who cares what people think!) until I was seated at a center table in a very open, very crowded restaurant.

2. Clear blue skies,

3. 3 degrees above farenheit,

4. NO SNOW STORM,

5...and thus, clear roads!!!

(the Iowa River, frozen over)


6. Checking out a bookstore downtown.

7. Risking my ears and nose while searching for it outside. Here it is:


7. Barack Obama's "favorite books" display:

8. Barack Obama

9. Barack Obama

10. Barack Obama

11. Barack Obama
12. And, heading over to the children's section...Barack Obama!!! I had no idea our new Pres. would figure so much into my birthday. That man is everywhere.
12. Red noses,

13. And trying to stay warm.

14. Finding time to read this book:

15...which is the sequel to my new favorite book:

16. Not having to make dinner for everyone else...thanks to the Mr. Dijorno (sp?) and his frozen pizzas.

17. And while they eat that mediocrity, I'll enjoy my gluten-free favorites:

18. Smoked salmon sushi rolls.


19. Chocolate.


20. Mango Sorbet.

21. Cheese and grapes, too.

22. And there's a little leftover tilapia in the fridge if I get hungry later.

23-32...I can't think of anything else, but I bet if I turned on the television, Barack Obama could fill up these remaining slots. So I'm calling it a night. Off to read and/or put a frozen pizza into the oven...

9 comments:

HG said...

You forgot...reading my wonderful post!

Emily Norby said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENN!

(Or, with all the Barack influence that's figuring into your day, maybe I should say "Hope-y Birthday!")

Either way, you deserve to have had a terrific day.

literaqueen said...

Yay, you finally went to Prairie Lights! Okay, it was a little Obama-heavy this week, but I promise it isn't always that way . . .

I would bring you some mango sorbet if I still lived in Coralville and had access to New Pioneer Co-Op. I hope you ate lots of it!

The Spradlin Family said...

Happy B-day. Man, you're old!!! I can say that becuase I had my 32nd eleven days ago. I guess that means we're old. Anyway, it looks like you had a great day.

Carmell said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day! I'm impressed that you were brave enough to wear your pajama pants all day...I'd like to be able to get away with that! And, I'm glad that the temperature was in the positives for you! Enjoy being 32!

Corey and Ciara said...

I can't believe your 32...Happy Birthday!

Julianne said...

Happy Birthday! You are and look young and it sounds like for the most part you had a great day (especially the sushi!).

Texas MacLeans said...

Happy belated birthday Jenn! I thought of you on Saturday, i really did! I was out of it with a sinus and ear infection plus i am preggo and totally sick so i really didnt move off the couch until this morning. Hope you had a great day!
love,
Stace

The Conductor said...

Happy B-day! You're so cute, Jenn.