Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Look what Santa brought me for Christmas!

A laundry-folding man. I know, right? I didn't know that cool invention existed either!


A few random pictures with no particular connection to each other, except they were all taken within a few days of each other.
This:

And this:


And, yippee, five inches of this:

Get out yer shovels. (Well, not me. I stayed indoors like any smart person would.)

And these (a.k.a. Jenn poison):


Next we will feature our favorite Christmas gifts in a little blog segment I like to call, "Only time will tell if it was worth the money we spent."
The Lego Hogwarts castle. Whoa nelly, this is WAY cooler in person than in pictures. Just look at those smiles.






Laura got a mini netbook (internet restricted) so she can type her stories. Did you know the great American novel--set to hit stores in the spring of 2018--is about dragons?



My favorite gift was the coupon book Lincoln made for me. Very thoughtful, plus he knows me well. Here are the best ones:

One coupon for two "be quiets."


Three free "kids not wild."


One free "go downstairs." What? Only one?


3 free "no bouncing balls." Boy, do I hate those bouncing balls!


Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

HG said...

Holy Christmas! I want to come to your house next year! Why no pictures of Noelle's present?

AOlson said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your Christmas Cheer.

Two things...
If you stayed inside, who took the picture, Steve?

And please, please, please tell me about your poisonous icing. What do you use to apply the iciing to the cookies? A pastry bag or ziplock? Would it work for holding together gingerbread houses?

Marilyn said...

Once again, you've cheered up my day! Two random remarks: 1. All Legos are worth it. 2. Those coupons are priceless.

Becky said...

I would like a laudry folding man! Maybe for Christmas next year all ask Santa for one!

Emily Norby said...

I'd like to pre-order that book about dragons.

And how long did it take to erect the Hogwarts castle? Was it finished by Christmas afternoon?

Fletch said...

Yes, finished by Christmas afternoon. I think it took about five hours.

And yes, I took the picture, in my pajamas, was outside for two minutes, actually, more like 45 seconds.