Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Can I pull off the win?

So a few weeks ago, one of my favorite food blogs was participating in a menu contest against two other food bloggers. They asked their followers to go and vote for them, and at the end someone's name would get drawn to win $300.

I voted everyday for two weeks. And I am convinced I am going to win the money. I even know how I am going to spend it.

On these:


Currently, my boys are sleeping on the very same bunk beds my brothers used when they were growing up. They are in a sad state. Check out the missing bars underneath.
And that is the better of the two.

The other bed frame is missing half of the bars. It now resides on the ground, not underneath the top bunk, just in case that, too, should suddenly lose half it's bars in the middle of the night. Here's what it looks like:I must say, Isaac's bed-making job doesn't help any. But the poor mattress sags to the ground when you sit in the middle.

I find out tomorrow if I win the $300 dollars. I've told Steve a dozen times this week, "I can't wait for April 30th, when I will get my money."

When.

Not if.

(Are my hopes going to be dashed tomorrow? I'll let you know.)

4 comments:

HG said...

Did you win?

Polyglot said...

Soooooo..........? The end of the story is???????????

Sorry, I'm a little punctuation happy today...

Fletch said...

They extended the sweepstakes drawing to May 15th, but I'm feeling in my bones these days that I'm not going to win.

AOlson said...

It's almost like they didn't want you to win by extending the deadline. I'm sorry. But, "may the odds be ever in your favor." (from The Hunger Games. You should definitely read this one. Maybe after you move and sell the house.)