Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break: A Recap.

Happy Spring!

A friend of ours was driving Laura home from an activity a couple of weeks ago, and she asked Laura if we had any fun plans for Spring Break. Laura cheerfully told her, "Yes! I am going to get my hair cut!"

And there you have it, my friends. The highlight of our Spring Break. Laura's haircut.

The "before" picture: And the "after" picture:
Thrilling, I know.

I also made tons of that easy bread. Here's another variation my family liked. It's a spinoff of the bread at Macaroni Grill. I added to the original recipe 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp sugar, and 1 tsp rosemary. It was tasty. Actually, I didn't taste it, but I was told by the little people around here that it was.

Okay, so we did one actual fun thing that week. Our neighbors (a.k.a. The People Who Try to Teach Me How to Be a Normal Mom) put the idea into my head to take the kids to this place. When we first moved to Iowa City, it was called the Monkey House. Then it changed ownership and was called Tjark's Jungle. Now it is called the Partee Zone. I really hate when people change things like that. It confuses me.

Alright, here are some pictures.





Enough of that superfluous, extravagant fun. Now back to Fun, Fletcher style:

Noelle drawing a princess. I think she drew about ten princesses each day of Spring Break.

Oh, oops, it's upside down. But you get the picture. Check out the crown, and I just love the curly hair.
And, I don't know about you, but there is no activity quite as thrilling for me as popping a good zit. Lincoln had his first one this week, and let me tell you, this picture does not do it justice.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I'm posting this nothingness. But there you have it: Our Spring Break in a nutshell.

4 comments:

HG said...

Okay, the zit made me want to barf.

AOlson said...

"I laughed. I cried. [Your spring break] was better than Cats."

literaqueen said...

You are party central. Now wanna come tile my bathroom?

So um, did Laura actually get any hair CUT? It doesn't look any different.

Fletch said...

Actually (this is embarrassing) Laura hadn't had a haircut in a 1 1//2 years. So she had about 6 inches cut off.