Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Madness is in the air. (It's making my asthma worse.)

Hoho, just kidding.

I loooove filling out my bracket. Steve even did the dishes tonight, and when I told him he didn't need to do them, that I could wash them, he said, "I want to wash them. Now go fill out your bracket. It's on the table." If Steve is washing the dishes, then he means business.

This year we celebrated the "Filling out of the Brackets" with chocolate cake.


Even Noelle had to fill one out. Steve accomplishes this by asking Noelle which of the two teams she thinks will win, and she usually picks one and then he writes it down. At first she wasn't cooperating.

He said, "Noelle, who's going to win: Kansas or Lehigh?"

She said, "Chocolate."

He repeated, "Noelle: Kansas or Lehigh?"

"Umm.......Chocolate."

So he wrote it down.

Finally, she caught on. Steve was able to manipulate her choice for all of the teams, but two. In the end she was determined to get those two teams to the finals: Temple and Butler.
Temple because, well, I guess she's more influenced by that picture of the temple in our upstairs hallway than I realized. And Butler...because that is the last name of her primary teacher.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Did you pick the alphabetically dominant teams?

Fletch said...

Nope. I like to pick the higher seeded about 85% of the time and then radomly select 15% upsets. Occasionally I do better than Steve. Last year my system tanked.

Heidi said...

I'll be cheering for chocolate. I love the Temple/Butler final.

literaqueen said...

Um . . . you didn't do so well with your bracket this year . . .

WVU in the Final Four! It's crazy around here! I'm sure they made it because I'm living in Morgantown.