Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Nothing makes Laura's day like an award...

This morning around 7 AM she was saying something to the effect of "I'm having a miserable day already!!!" after Isaac hit her, or she hit him, or somebody hit somebody, I'm not sure of the specifics, but there were tears involved. She didn't think there was any way the day could be redeemed, but I knew better. Here she is sitting on the back row of the school gymnasium next to her best friend Faith (with the red hair) waiting for them to announce student of the month.
Getting called out of the audience:
Standing beside the other fifth-grader chosen from the other class:
Congrats, my sweetie! Hope this sets the tone for the rest of your day...at least until after school when no doubt Isaac will get under your skin for some other reason.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yea for her! Nothing like a little award to cheer up the day.

HG said...

We never had assemblies for Student of the Month. Maybe I would have tried harder to get the award if I knew I could shine in front of the whole school. Congrats Laura. (Somehow I have a feeling Jenn probably got it every month.)

literaqueen said...

Is Laura as tall as you now?