Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Magical 10th Birthday

The butterfly Laura caught on the way home from school today.

Unwrapping presents: stuffed dragons, dragon novels, how-to-draw dragon books, and anything "butterfly" seemed to be the order of the day.


Making a birthday wish.


Dividing the spoils with the neighbors (one of the other girls in this picture lives in our cul-de-sac and is also in Laura's class at school...and is also named LAURA!!! What is that about?! Do you have any idea how much time I spent trying to pick out a classic name for my daughter that was not currently being used? I mean, I thought the last time someone chose THAT name was in the 1960's). Anyway...

Happy 10th Birthday, Lu! We love our magical bug-catching, dragon-loving bookworm! Can't even remember what it was like before you came upon the scene. (But it must have been a pretty dull existance--in fact, I think it was, come to think of it!) Have a great day!

10 comments:

HG said...

I wish we could of been there!

The Spradlin Family said...

Ok, I just left you a comment, but my computer wigged out on me, so if you get two, oh well.
I can't believe you have a 10 year old. YOU'RE SO OLD!
I hope she had a great birthday!

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing the birthday goodies with us! We'll have to knock on your door more often...

Julianne said...

What a big kid you have! I agree 100% about the name, but oh well, sometimes others have the same great idea.
We hope we get to see you all before another nine years pass!

literaqueen said...

Yay, happy birthday to Laura! How cool to catch a butterfly on your birthday. Did you rig that?

Steve and Angie said...

Happy Birthday Laura! You are a bug girl, just like your mom said! We miss you guys! Love, Angie

Texas MacLeans said...

I can remember going to visit you in the hosptial when Laura was born and being amazed that you had a child and now I am amazed that you have a 10 year old! Where has the time gone!! It looks like she had a great birthday.

Unknown said...

Um, yeah....before SHE came to steal the show, you were living with me. DULL??? So the truth comes out! I see how you think.


She was so llittle. And she was a cool baby, remember, you would bring her to hip hop happenin' parties at my place....at least, I though they were cool......now my old memories are dashed!

Carwin Candids said...

Jenn, this is my second try so hopefully this comment will post. I am so glad you left a comment on my blog, so I could see yours!

Laura is so cute, what a fun birthday, especially the butterfly! How fun! All your kids have grown up so much since I saw you last! They are adorable!

Your hair looks totally cute in that picture with you and Steve! You look awesome!

Carmell said...

Tell Laura Happy Birthday for us! I forgot that she and Dallin were so close in age. He and my other kids miss hanging out with her - we have no neighbor kids around us here who want to chase bugs and birds with them!