Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spooky Harry Potter Party

With special appearances by:

Harry himself...


Luna Lovegood...

...and Colin Creevy.
I think one of the funnest things about watching your kids learn to read is forcing your favorite childhood books on them. And even though Harry Potter was published when I was an adult, I still felt it was worth pushing on the kidlets, even if it was against their will. I knew they'd thank me later. Isaac just recently finished the second book for the first time, so we decided to have a Harry Potter party the night before Halloween.
We ate cockroach clusters, pumpkin pasties, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, licorice wands, and butterbeer. The butterbeer was awesome (well, I didn't have any, but it certainly looked awesome). The recipe starts out with a spiced ice cream concoction whipped with brown sugar and butter.
Then you pour hot apple cider over the top. The result is foamy and lovely-smelling.
The kids gobbled it up and then we watched The Chamber of Secrets together.
(Isaac's first viewing...our family rule is you get to watch the movie once you've read the book.)

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

HG said...

I am so freakin' jealous! I think I may have been more excited for it than you! Great job! It looked like it was tons of fun!

Becky said...

You are an awesome headmaster! What fun!

The Conductor said...

AMAZING. I am so dang impressed. What a fantastic Halloween! Love it!!

AOlson said...

1) What a party! I'm very curious about the cockroach clusters. Could you email the recipe? And is the smell of butterbeer wonderful enough that you'd like it in a candle?

2) When did Noelle's hair turn blonde?

3) I didn't know you didn't have style. I would have put yes. I've always thought you looked good (and your house). I guess have a quarter of your style. I had no idea pannels are suppose to go to the floor. Could they just go to the bottom of the window sill? I feel I am hopelessly lost. After Thanksgiving dinner, I didn't say much as my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws looked at clothes and shoes in Black Friday ads. I think I was the only one who didn't care or contribute to the subject of boots, among other things.

4) Have you written anything lately?

Auntie M said...

Fun times - wish you were closer so we could drop in for some treats! Love Lincolns coupon book! Jen I think you are something! Thanks for such a great blog! I've been so busy or old and worn out... not sure which... I think a combination. When you are old - any busyness takes longer. Long way of saying I haven't seen your blog since Halloween! The cute dog that looked like Mr Chewy was super tempting.. nice recovery of logic and reasoning. Keep up the good work! :)