Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Kindergartener

(Holding my hand, walking to school.)


Today I went to help out with Isaac's class, and, let me tell you, I don't often use phrases like "It was precious," because I'm not an eighty-year-old, but I'm telling you...

It was precious.
If you know Isaac well, you know I've been fretting about kindergarten for years now. Ever since his first birthday when he attacked another toddler, he has been a wicked handful.

I pictured him at kindergarten getting into fist fights and wet-noodling (is that a word?) whenever he was supposed to sit neatly in his chair and smart-mouthing the teacher.

But instead, he fit in just fine.

Really, he's never been so happy and well-behaved as he has since school started. Just look at that precious smile:

Who knew school was the answer?

(For the record, Sunday School does not have the same effect.)

5 comments:

HG said...

When is the age that they stop holding mummy's hand fearing that they will be made fun of?

Fletch said...

First or second grade.

Chelsea said...

I am hoping Mikey is an angel in school. At home, I often wonder about that child.

The Wiser Side said...

It's such a comfort to know that they act well at school! (At least something sinks in somewhere)

literaqueen said...

Cute! I can't believe Isaac's so big. And I'm glad he's stopped spitting on people (or has he?).