Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This one's going down for all of posterity to witness!


Yeah, that's right! Jenn actually beat Steve in a game of Scrabble! (No need to mention just how narrowly.) Those of you who really know me, know that I hate playing games because I hate to lose...and I usually lose. Especially to Steve. But here's the proof of this one-time triumph, permanently documented and forever retrievable in that wonderous place called cyberspace.

(My favorte word that I played? Molar. It was both appropriate--in reference to Steve's line of work--and high-scoring, as it fell on a triple word square.)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't your "theif" supposed to be "thief" ? I hope that doesn't change the score! Sultry, raped, dialect....you guys are good.

Fletch said...

Drat! I was hoping no one would notice that! So then, I went to look it up to see if there was an actual word spelled THAT way, and GOOD GRIEF!!! I couldn't believe how many people online have spelled "thief" as "theif". Therefore, I conclude, that the "i" and "e" must be interchangeable, or else the greater part of the American "cybercommunity" are rotten spellers. (In this case, I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt--and don't give me grief, you English teacher, you!)

The Spradlin Family said...

Way to go Jenn!!!!! I couldn't be any prouder of my childhood chum. Seriously, it is such a good feeling to win a game. My favorite game to win at is Phase 10. Like you, I rarely win, but it's so nice when I do.

You know...I don't think I've ever played scrabble.

Fletch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If that's the way your moral code runs Jenn, then so be it.

(man, I've got this parenting thing in the bag! The right amount of righteous indignation mixed with a dash of guilt)

Heidi said...

Good job, Jenn -- I actually noticed "molar" on there and concluded that must have been Steve's word before reading you entry. Even more impressive from a non-dental type.

wileywoman said...

Jen,
I just found your blog...you probably don't remember me...I'm Marie (Wiley) Bindrup's sister, Karen. I took lessons from your mom. Anyway, cool blog, cute kids, you look fabulous! I especially like the political post about hard work! You go girl!
you can catch me at
http://flueronsanddizzel.blogspot.com/
take care,
Karen (Wiley) Andersen
ps, tell your mom "Hi" for me!

Julianne said...

I thought for sure "theif" was Steve's word and you just gave it to him to be nice.

literaqueen said...

Hey, don't be condoning sloppy spelling in Scrabble just so you can win! People just can't spell-- and I totally would have called you on that one if I'd been playing.

But I hate Scrabble. I get stupid letter tiles whenever I play and can only spell words like "that" and "if."