Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dibs

This morning I came downstairs and found this note posted on the most coveted chair at the breakfast table.

(It's a good thing she put the "F". We wouldn't want to get her confused with the other "Laura" in our family.)

Amazingly enough, no one disputed it when it was time for this:

I love when kids learn how to write!

6 comments:

The Spradlin Family said...

That's hilarious.

Never underestimate the power of "Dibs"!!

Unknown said...

Until they learn how to write "KEEP OUT MOM" on their door!

yeah, I remember when dibs worked in my family too, we really just believed that when someone "called it" it belonged to them.

Sugar Jones said...

We have a big old wooden table, too. It's so big but still so cozy. I love it.

My son sometimes snakes dad's spot in order to sit by mom. It's sweet. Mostly, we have our unofficially designated seats.

literaqueen said...

That note so wouldn't have worked in my family. My brother would have sat on it and claimed he'd never seen it-- or moved it to, say, the toilet.

Marie Bindrup said...

That is so funny you found my blog! Your kids are so big now! I last saw you when you only had 2! Time is flying by! Cut bit on "dibs." Yes, my 4 year old is already starting that. I am so looking forward to the next 10-15 years!

Julianne said...

That is funny she had to include the F. Those chairs are awfully important and you wouldn't want to see it given away if there were any confusion.