Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The truth comes out at last...


I am the toothfairy.

Yesterday Lincoln discovered the truth. (Or I guess I should say, his friend told him the truth and shattered his perfect dream world into a million pieces.)

On a similar note: Steve had a patient a few months ago named Princess Diana Toothfairy. I'm not kidding.

First name: Princess.
Middle name: Diana.
Last name: Toothfairy.

As in, "Ahem, Ms. Toothfairy, can you please open your mouth a little wider...?"

7 comments:

The Spradlin Family said...

Oh, I am so sad for you. I dread the day when that magic dies in our house. All my kids still believe in everything...Santa, Toothfairy, Easter Bunny. It makes me sad to think it won't always be that way.

Do you at least still have the magic of Santa? Please tell me yes.

literaqueen said...

Nuh uh, you're making that up! Or Steve is. Or someone's parents had a weird sense of humor after a baby birth.

Fletch said...

Sadly, no, Carli. Santa was exposed also. Oh well. We told him that now he can join Laura with us in the "behind-the-scenes" action at Christmastime.

And no, Sheila. I am not making it up. It was on all of her paperwork. Steve thinks she must have changed her name to it because she was a little on the coo-coo side, if you know what I mean.

Heidi said...

Did you know there is a girl in another kindergarten class whose name is Da'baybi (like "the baby")? Seriously, I am not joking.

Unknown said...

I recently heard of someone named La-a

do you know how to say that?


Ladasha


yep.


Luckily my roommate still believes in Santa, so I've been hiding her gifts in strange places!!

The Wiser Side said...

Well, at least he made it to 8-positive side right. And that patient. . .are you teasing us?

HWHL said...

Sooooo tragic when they figure this out. My daughter figured it out at age 8 and then spilled the beans to her 9 year old brother. I was so hoping I'd be able to get another couple of years out of Santa/Tooth Fairy/Easter Bunny but it ALL came crashing down, one horrible August afternoon.

Alas. :-(