Fletch Sketch continued...

For some reason I have not been able to publish posts here for months, so I started a new blog for us to store our memories. The new address is fletchsketch.blogspot.com.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

New.

New house. New school. We're all a little unsettled around here.

Here's our new house on the first day of starting a new school. You know how sometimes as a parent you lie to your kids? Like when I assured them it would be alright at this new school? But really I was worried. This is what I was doing at 5:00 AM because I couldn't sleep I was so worried:

Not pictured: Cheetos. (I was feeling guilty as I blogged this, that perhaps this picture was a misrepresentation of how healthy we eat, so I am making a full disclosure of the lunch menu.)
Noelle woke up as I was making their lunches. And discovered they were going to school and she was not. Much crying followed.

The kids at approximately 8:00 AM.

Laura at 8:01 AM running off to meet her walking-to-school friends.

Isaac at 8:20 AM standing in line.
It was an uneventful day, which means it was a success. Isaac was impressed that no one shoved or punched him at this school, Lincoln signed up to be a media helper...which I thought he must have confused with being a Jedi, the way he was so excited about it. A girl named Molly gave Laura a bracelet. Phew. Tomorrow morning I think I'll be able to sleep until the alarm goes off.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Your post makes me want to cry! Why do they have to go to school all alone? And yet, it's obviously just us that are having the problem, they seemed happy and excited in all the pictures. You have awesome kids...you guys are great parents. Ryan and I are always following your example and hoping that are kids will be as great as yours. Maybe it's all the worrying that makes them turn out so great:)

Emily Norby said...

So glad the day went well! And this is meant to be a compliment, but Laura's feet look really big. Are you prepared for her to grow taller than you? Like tomorrow?

Kerri said...

looks like they had great day...I hope Noelle gets to go to school soon...like at my house!

HG said...

Yea! A picture of your house! Could I request pictures of all rooms in your house now that you have moved in? Thanks!

Chelsea said...

So where is the new house? What school are the kiddos going to?

literaqueen said...

Yeah, what school, Jen? This looks like the Purdys' old neighborhood. And yes, post pictures of your house (the inside)!

Fletch said...

Yeah, it is by the Purdy's old house. We're a couple of blocks away from the Guymons (Cheryl and Alan). The kids go to Weber now. They like it a lot so far, especially Laura.

Auntie M said...

Yahoo for mom's who worry. The lunches looked great! The kids terrific! School placement recommendation for Noelle: I suggest you start her in high school now while she can get up that early.

The Conductor said...

Wow, good call Sheila! If we still lived in Hawkeye Court (heaven forbid) then our kids would go to school with your kids! I heard good things about Weber. Glad to see your kids are adjusting well. I like what Becky said, that it's our worrying that makes them turn out so great! My kids ought to be the greatest kids on the planet, then!!